Joey and I had the honor to attend a Wounded Warriors event held at the Horseshoe Bar Preserve on the middle fork of the American river. The event lasted 3 days and gave 7 vets the opportunity to learn fly-fishing, pan for gold and just kick back. We were able to spend a day and half with one of the vets. They all have recently returned from active combat and are recovering from various injuries. Most of the volunteers were also veterans but I was not one but I am very thankful for the opportunity to meet these extraordinary kids/men. I learned so much but just observing them and how they interacted with each other. The Veteran's association of Foresthill put on an awesome steak dinner with a live band and open bar at the veteran's hall. We had vets from WWII to Iraq and many in between at the dinner. The basic premise of the program is to teach the vets to fly-fish which is good therapy for their injuries and it also helps them acclimate with nature and re adjust to civilian life. If you ever get an opportunity to volunteer you should jump on the chance. It was a life changing experience for me and I'm sure Joey learned a lot too. I have a much more deep respect for our military and the jobs they perform to ensure our freedom. Joey and I plan to keep in touch with our vet as we have formed a deep bond after spending such little time together.

Tight Lines,

Jet