+ Reply to Thread

Thread: wading...

Default wading...

I decided to get back to my roots and go wading...weather was getting better by the hr and the tide was on my side so I waited out a bad 2 hr stretch.... the wind switched as hoped for and things turned fast from dead to frantic as the tide bottomed out..I got to distance cast for a welcome change and it was great...very hard fighting bone that went over 150yds on backing in short order...the 2nd bone came undone somehow and by then I had cleared the flat...was ready to call it a day for football, go MIAMI!!! the electric dread sealed the deal as usual...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice bones! I've been reading up on everything I can about them, (and permit/tarpon too). My wife and I are considering a trip to Belize next year and I would really love to try my hand at some bones!

catching the "big 3" is highly addicting and I am always chasing these days

4. Default

I love seeing the photo's you are posting of these fish and the Peacock bass. Great reports.

I moved down to Georgia this year just outside of Atlanta and am considering strongly a trip down to Florida in February or March for some fishing. I would love to try for some of the saltwater species (bonefish, tarpon, snook) and also try my hand at Peacock Bass while I am down there. If you have any suggestions of areas (not specific places) and techniques I could try I would greatly appreciate it. You can email me at tryit1ns@hotmail.com (A burn email account, not one of my primary accounts as I know this one will eventually become a spam trap then will abandon it) if you have a few wading spots for SW or shore spots I could try for Peacock bass. I won't be trying the wading in fresh water down there. Don't trust the gators that much, I'm from the midwest, I didn't grow up around them. I am a C&R only fisher who got the wife addicted so we will be going together.

Thanks,
    Daren

I am glad you like them...I have several friends from Georgia that pound the redfish really good around there but they are also addicted to fishing the Keys...for what you are wanting to do that slot is a good time IMO...you could roadside fish in Choko/Everglades City and get snook, tarpon...the bones start(or end) in Biscayne Bay in Miami...I would NEVER fresh water wade here nor use a float tube under any circumstance..,easy enough to pull over and park to catch peacocks...they are caught in the middle of the city with hundreds of cars passing and people walking past...I am at a Winn Dixie when fishing but sometimes I park at Wendys so I can get something to drink...its funny sometimes when I catch a peacock and set my timer for the picture and 5ft behind me is 20 people eating lunch and watching...if there are shopping carts in the water then its got peacocks...for Miami DIY I would always recommend Mathesson Hammock...it is where I myself learned and caught my 1st bonefish by wading and sitting on a ladder
    Last edited by bonefishwhisperer; 10-30-2009 at 01:05 PM.

6. Default

Thanks again for the tips. I hope to get down that way in February or March for a week of fishing while my wife is doing the three S's...Swimming, sunbathing, and shopping. Even for us Northerners who come down to GA it can get a little cold in the winter. An escape to some warm weather and fishing is never a bad thing...

+ Reply to Thread