I normally wear one of the Willy Joe chest packs and came up with a very convenient and cheap way to carry my net. On the loop at the end of the handle, I have a 18" or so bungee tether thing that came with the net and a 3" long carabiner-type thing. I have a smaller biner on the end of the bungee piece. I attached that biner to the fabric loop that holds the female half of the snap buckle for the strap that connect the front and back of the pack. (any similar loop on this or another pack would work fine) After snapping this strap into its buckle, I snap the larger biner attached to the net handle onto this strap.

This leaves the net hanging between my arm and body and the bottom of it comes to about mid-thigh. At a convient time while fighting a fish, I unhook the handle biner from the packs side strap and let it hang beside me. When I need to land the fish, its there waiting for me and the bungee will stretch as far as my arm can reach to grab the fish. (A smaller clip could be used on the nets handle, but I find that a slightly larger one is easier to handle effectively without looking while fighting a fish with the other hand. I got mine off of a mini bottle of sunblock that came packaged with a larger bottle. Home depot would likely have similar ones at the checkout stands.)

I find this works very well and saved me from having to drop $25 on a magnetic release or a zinger that could potentially knock me out.