It was cold and foggy as I set out towards my destination. I was headed to a place that I had not been to in a little while. This creek does not hold large fish; however it had a good population of feisty little redbands. This was the exact place I wanted to try out my new rod at.

I reached the parking area and got my gear out. The morning air was cold and damp and the sun was behind the clouds. As I hiked up the trail I noticed that some of the graffiti had been removed as well as some of the trash. This was a welcome site as I felt like I was the only one that ever picked garbage up at this place.

After a little while I reached my destination. I unpacked my gear and got set up. I decided to start the day off with a #14 royal wulf (not that it really matters at this place). I began to cast my new rod and was very happy with how I was able to throw line with it. After a few casts I saw the tell tale splash and it was fish on. The little redband put a nice bend in the rod. I will say that I really enjoyed the feel of the rod with these little feisty fish.

After catching quite a few on the wulf I decided to change to a #14 EHC. I had the same results with this fly as I did with the wulf. However out of all of the flies that I messed around with the good ole #16 parachute adams produced the most activity on this day.

continued due to 10 photos per post limit..........