+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Trick or Treat Creek"

Hybrid View

Default "Trick or Treat Creek"

It was cold and foggy as I set out towards my destination. I was headed to a place that I had not been to in a little while. This creek does not hold large fish; however it had a good population of feisty little redbands. This was the exact place I wanted to try out my new rod at.

I reached the parking area and got my gear out. The morning air was cold and damp and the sun was behind the clouds. As I hiked up the trail I noticed that some of the graffiti had been removed as well as some of the trash. This was a welcome site as I felt like I was the only one that ever picked garbage up at this place.

After a little while I reached my destination. I unpacked my gear and got set up. I decided to start the day off with a #14 royal wulf (not that it really matters at this place). I began to cast my new rod and was very happy with how I was able to throw line with it. After a few casts I saw the tell tale splash and it was fish on. The little redband put a nice bend in the rod. I will say that I really enjoyed the feel of the rod with these little feisty fish.

After catching quite a few on the wulf I decided to change to a #14 EHC. I had the same results with this fly as I did with the wulf. However out of all of the flies that I messed around with the good ole #16 parachute adams produced the most activity on this day.

continued due to 10 photos per post limit..........

After catching so many of these little guys that I lost count I decided to see how the new rod did with nymphs and other large subsurface flies. As I expected it performed about the same as my TXL. However on a side note I did find it quite funny when one of the little redbands took the #8 stonefly nymph I was throwing. These guys may be small but I personally just love the colors on them and they do put up a fight for their size.

I hiked back to the vehicle and packed up my gear. I headed back to my house where my family was waiting. You see it was Halloween and the kids were all excited. After a little while it was time for tric or treating. We all had a blast and we got a lot of candy.

Overall I am really impressed with my new rod. I was able to do what I wanted to do with it and it has an amazing fish on feel. It does feel quite a bit different than my TXL. It is hard for me to say which one I like better as I like them for different reasons. I will say though that this is a good stick and I am extremely happy with it.

If that's not a perfect day, I don't know what is. All that and an SPL, too. Fantastic small fry of all types!

Great report Sasha. I'm jealous. Those little bows can be lots of fun. Especially on a 0 weight Sage.
    Beautiful family too. Thanks for posting.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Beautiful little creek and fish to match.

Thanks everyone!

I know someone asked me if I would do one thread with all of my reports (like others do here). I just wanted to say that I will but I am going to wait till I start the 2010 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    ...I know someone asked me if I would do one thread with all of my reports (like others do here). I just wanted to say that I will but I am going to wait till I start the 2010 season.
    Looking forward to it, Sasha. Hope you feature the family on some of your Fishing Reports. Also, if you do get out and hike some of those places, I hope you will include some pics from the hikes, too.

John
    The fish are always right.

Default Great Report!

Im looking foreward to the continued thread!
    Get Em!

+ Reply to Thread