Quote Originally Posted by dudley View Post
I sleep out at our wood lot in the back of my truck fairly regularly all year long
Even with the side windows open I still get condensation on the cap ceiling
Sometimes enough so that it snows.... inside
I've slept in the back of my trucks hundreds of times over the years in the NE and NW, and never once recall having so much condensation that it caused any undue problems like you guys claim.

I've always had fiberglass caps (I suspect aluminum caps would get much more condensation) and rarely felt the need to open a window for added ventilation since there was alway some air that would circulate around the tailgate even when it was closed.

Maybe you guys that have a lot of condensation problems are just full of hot air!

A few year ago I did sleep in the front seat (reclined) of a small rental car for a week in mid-October in and around Yellowstone country, including a couple nights when I stayed just outside West Yellowstone and the temperature got down to 17 degrees. When I woke up in the morning the entire inside of the car's windows were so frosted from condensation that I had to run the car for sometime until the heater defrosted them enough to drive.

John