+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ohio steeheading

Hybrid View

Default Ohio steeheading

Not sure if it counts as warm water but I am hoping to find someone willing to give me a few steelhead fishing lessons. I live over by Fremont and was hoping for the Vermilion if there was someone in the flat part of the state chasing the trout.

if you live farther East and don't want to make a longer drive, maybe we can still meet up closer to you.

Your pal
    Briney

have never fish the Vermilion but hope to this fall.
    I live in Republic,Oh

Well maybe we can learn the river together. My wife has a class that doesn't end in time for me to get out on Tuesdays and Thursdays. But Monday, Wednesday,and Fridays plus many weekends are possible.

Drop me a note when you get a chance

I'd love to learn myself and hope to get over there some time this season. Here is a site that has some good reports from the V, flies to use and they are some really nice people - GLFF - you can get alot of info from here. They also have the flow charts for how high the river is running.

Flinlock - Welcome! Glad to see some more people from the area fly fishing, I am right down the road from you in Attica.
    Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime.

Default Ohio Steelheading

Man, our company headquarters is in Fremont. I wish they would schedule a big meeting so I could fly up and maybe stay a weekend. I'd love to give a shot for chrome.
    "A fly must first please the user before the fish."
    Trey Combs: Steelhead Fly Fishing and Flies

To our KC pal If I had the slightest clue what I am doing with the steelhead I would be more than glad to invite you, on the condition that you brought up some good bbq. The flat part of Ohio is devoid of quality bbq except for what is coming out of the big pit in my back yard. It is bad enough that even though I am not a pro, loads of people call to have me cook bbq for their family parties and company stuff

for you two buckeye boys, lets try to work out a a date, meet check out the stream and learn together

let me know if you are interested!! And my KC pal, Fremont is far from where I would be begging to go to, but if you do make it this way, drop me a note and I will try my best to find you some steelies.

Maybe once you guys get the Vermillion figured out I can come up and you guys can show me how its done.

bettter yet, join us right from the start. I know that is a good run to get up to us but could be fun. Or at least sitting at a greasy spoon afterwards will be good!

Dave
    Have you got any dates in mind? I would like to join up with you guys and do some fishing. Maybe Little Mikey (The Tuber) would grace us with his presence. He knows every greasy spoon that exists in the Island Nation of Ohio.

Brad

+ Reply to Thread