I recently acquired a new 8-wt. rod, reel and line outfit, and I'm not fond of the reel. So I went looking for something to replace it. One fact that has to be taken into consideration is that I fish for the serenity of my time on the stream or the pond and I do not care for a noisy (read that one that clicks) reel. So I went to my "Big Box" catalog and started reading. Well, thirty-seven reels later I knew about as much as when I started. In the 37 descriptions only one (Bauer) mentioned the sound of their reel to the level to which I am interested. The copy stated that it had a silent retrieve and a crisp outgoing click. One other stated it had a silent retrieve but no data on outgoing. I realize that a trip to my local fly shop would answer a lot of my questions, but the closest shop is 2 ? hours away and I am sure they don't carry all the reels in which I might be interested. I'm not asking which do and which don't, but I wonder why this information is not included in the advertising copy. Am I the only one who considers this data important? I know some like, or even love the sound of a Clicker reel makes when a fish runs but I will give that up for my solitude.

I invite your comments questions and suggestions.

------------------
Clint

I feel closer to HIM when I'm fishing.