Always missing at least one component, even on the flies I put up here on FAOL. But Kevin, one trick I use to expand my array of materials is to dye my own. I do it in small quantities, a few wet fly hackles at a time for instance. I buy a lot of white or off-white materials and dye them. Dying is incredibly easy, and I avoided doing it for years, to my detriment. You can dye with RIT, Kool Aid, Dylon from Canada (like RIT in a way, but better colors for flytiers), Veniards, flydye, any number of dyes. Just keep in mind that Kool Aid and some others only will work on animal products, not synthetics. Dye your own and your materials grow exponentially. A word of warning: Some books make this sound like advanced chemistry. Ignore these books, it's the simplest thing in the world.

I want to plug William Bailey in Fort Wayne one more time. He sells a nice selection of wonderfully dyed wool for 12-13 dollars or so. It will probably last the rest of your tying career, and all the colors you'll ever need are there. You can order his wool products at
feathersmc.com.
Eric