+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Here they are

Hybrid View

Default Here they are

Let's have fun:

http://www.orvis.com/store/product_d...HUNT&cm_pla=11

curious to see where this post leads...LOL

Goddess, I fear you may have opened a can of worms, but still , I'm intrigued. I would like to handle one, maybe for a week or two while up to my belly in a river!!! A $500 Helios....humm.

Quote Originally Posted by 51BC View Post
    Goddess, I fear you may have opened a can of worms, but still , I'm intrigued. I would like to handle one, maybe for a week or two while up to my belly in a river!!! A $500 Helios....humm.
    Ain't it fun!!!

Blog Entries

Ohh Ohhh Ohhh I wanna start,

Stupid overpriced rods wont do anything that my $14.95 walmart special or the branch I cut off the willow tree last week will do. why should I pay that amount for a rod and anyone who doesis an rich pretentious rod snob.

Tongue firmly in Cheek

Eric
    Last edited by Eric-WD; 10-22-2009 at 04:30 PM.
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

Not for this old coot....nope

Once I saw and handeled a high $$ factory rod...I started building my own. The wife and I now own 18......comprised of Sage ( my fav) Loomis and St Croix blanks ( her fav)

If these are a good as the Helios, I'll definitely pick one up. I just wish Orvis made them in switch rod lengths.

And if you can't tell the difference between a Walmart special and a top end rod, I would recommend casting lessons...

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Not for this old coot....nope

Once I saw and handeled a high $$ factory rod...I started building my own. The wife and I now own 18......comprised of Sage ( my fav) Loomis and St Croix blanks ( her fav)
    Sully, I have turned to wrapping my own also, but the name brand BLANKS are real close to the price of these babys.

Got to get me one! But then I think I just about own or have owned one of everything Orvis has offered in the past 15 years.
    It's a tradition thing....so it's okay.....right? can't break the trend now....right?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric-WD View Post
    Ohh Ohhh Ohhh I wanna start,

Stupid overpriced rods wont do anything that my $14.95 walmart special or the branch I cut off the willow tree last week will do. why should I pay that amount for a rod and anyone who doesis an rich pretentious rod snob.

Tongue firmly in Cheek

Eric
    Am I the only one that's read- Tongue firmly in Cheek
    And he posted it twice.

Blog Entries

I caused enough trouble last time, I am not even going to open the link *S*.

+ Reply to Thread