+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: not a gripe or grumble...

Default not a gripe or grumble...

but come on PHILLIES PHANS! im sure this will start a lot but there has to be some backing here for me (i just came back from a bar, i apologize)
    "Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day!"

Wink

Sekliw -

What are SNAHP SEILLIHP ??

John

P.S. I'm going to keep my backing on my reels, but hope you get a lot wherever you put it.
    The fish are always right.

Phillies fans as in baseball???

Tim

What's a Phillies Phan?

Seriously, congrats to the Phils. They're a great team and I hope they stomp,
    most probably, the Bronx millionaires.
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

Not necessarily a Philly fan more than a Dodger disliker. Same with the Yankees although I like them more now than I ever have(although that doesn't say much).

I HATE Manny Ramirez. The guy is so into himself he was in the shower when the Dodgers lost the other night. Even the starting pitcher that was pulled was on the bench encouraging his fellow team mates. Ramirez is an idiot!! Any team that will have him is not worth watching. Glad they got beat. Even the Red Sox saw the light in getting rid of him.
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

I lived in South Jersey until I was 33. Having the Phillies in the Series is a seriously good thing . They dominated the Dodgers! (I also lived in NorCal for 10 years, so seeing the Dodgers lose was also a good thing.)

On to the Bronx!

Blog Entries

When I grew up the Eugene Emeralds were a farm team of the Phillies, go Phillies

(anyone but NYY)

Eric
    Last edited by Eric-WD; 10-22-2009 at 04:40 PM. Reason: cant spell forgot spell check
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott View Post
    P.S. I'm going to keep my backing on my reels, but hope you get a lot wherever you put it.
    I like it when my backing is leaving my reel as in big fish rapidly swimming away with my fly in his mouth.

Go Phillies! I hate the Yankees and dislike them even more after they got payrod.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

BBW- the funny thing about manny leaving the game to shower was he thought they had the game won already, which wasnt the case obviously haha.

and i too hate the yankees, and even though ill be a little nervous i think we can take them. although it would be nice to also see the angels take a huge comeback to quiet these yankee fans. a phillies/yankees world series is just monumental in sports though : )
    "Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day!"

Blog Entries

a couple of years ago, Major League Baseball ran a series of ads to encourage baseball fans whose teams were out of the running to tune in in October. they featured Tommy Lasorda helping families and friends cheer up those who were too depressed to watch the postseason.

in one, a girl enlists Tommy to get her roommate to come out of the bedroom. he charges up the stairs, knocks on the door, and cries out, "Hey! It's October! It's when we all cheer against the Yankees! Everyone! To the TV!!"

when i saw that for the first time, October became a little less lonely.

yeah, the Nationals live in my heart, but the Phillies are all we've got for October!
    fly fishing and baseball share a totally deceptive simplicity; that's why they can both be lifelong pursuits.

+ Reply to Thread