+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: not a gripe or grumble...

nighthawk Guest

I am a proud Pirates fan but I am rooting for the Phillies. The only way I can tolerate baseball is if I am in the game or at the ballpark watching it. I live for football and hockey seasons!

GO PHILLIES!

Smile

Do they play football and hockey in PA?
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

nighthawk, i am a diehard hockey fan also, but i cant say id agree with your team if you stick with pittsburgh, im a flyers fan and am not fond of the penguins at all (put very nicely)
    "Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day!"

nighthawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sekliw View Post
    nighthawk, i am a diehard hockey fan also, but i cant say id agree with your team if you stick with pittsburgh, im a flyers fan and am not fond of the penguins at all (put very nicely)
    Pens all the way! If it makes you feel any better I feel the same way about your Flyers as you feel about my Pens. If it doesn't I don't really care.

got to love the sports rivalries
    "Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day!"

I moved to West Chester in June 1980, the Phillies won their first Championship that October. I had gone to some games during that season and became hooked on the Phillies. It took another long 28 years before they would get another Championship so it has been trying at times during that span of time. But now with the Phillies on the verge of two in a row it is just awesome to be living in the area. You gotta love how the Phillies win games with 2 outs in the 9th.

Dot
    Dream the Life ~ Live the Dream

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sekliw View Post
    got to love the sports rivalries
    In Gerogia, a "mixed marriage" is defined as one between a Georgia Tech alumnus and an alum from the University (sic) of Georgia.

Ed, not a Ramblin' Wreck, but my Brother is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dot Man View Post
    I moved to West Chester in June 1980, the Phillies won their first Championship that October. I had gone to some games during that season and became hooked on the Phillies. It took another long 28 years before they would get another Championship so it has been trying at times during that span of time. But now with the Phillies on the verge of two in a row it is just awesome to be living in the area. You gotta love how the Phillies win games with 2 outs in the 9th.

Dot
    I'm from Downingtown Pa. originally & I've always been a Yankee fan. I guess I'm the only one on this board..... Go Giants!!!!! That should fire someone up.....

yankees fan? you should be fired up yourself after your game last night

Quote Originally Posted by FISHN50 View Post
    I'm from Downingtown Pa. originally & I've always been a Yankee fan. I guess I'm the only one on this board..... Go Giants!!!!! That should fire someone up.....
    At least you did not say Cowboy fan.

I am realistic, I can't bragg too much about the Eagles till they win a Super Bowl. I do want the Yankees in the Series. It has the making of a great one if they don't choke.

Dot
    Dream the Life ~ Live the Dream

+ Reply to Thread