A brief fishing report. With the nice weather we had the last couple of days here in Delaware, I figured it would be a perfect time to try one of the rods I built recently. I cut out a little early from work on Friday since it was 65 and sunny, can't beat that for Jan 13th and headed to a great little spot near my house. It is probably one of the most polluted bodies of water (St Jones River) in DE, but has some of the best fishing (Bass, crappie, channel cats, carp, sripers, white perch, yellow perch, panfish and warmouths). There were fish jumping all over the place, couldn't quite figure out what they were, but I figured carp, since they have a boat load of them in there. I was fishing a recently finished Kilwell Innovator 8'6" #5 matched with a Sciearra XDA reel and 444 line. There was quite a lot of baitfish in the water, so I figured I would go with a small white and silver fly. The closest thing I had in my box was a size 8 mini puff (grabbed the wrong fly box). On the third cast as I was retreiving I got a hit, I quickly laned a 1 lb largemouth, not bad for the middle of Jan. After about another 15 mins I hooked another bass, this one about a 1.5 lb. Nothing huge, but lots of fun on #5. I was able to get about 45 minutes in before my three young boys (ages 1.5, 4 and 6) ran out of snacks (best ditraction to use if you take your kids flyfishing). So I headed back home with a touch of spring fever.....Can't wait for the permanant warm weather to arrive.