OK i know it's a stupid question, but this had happen to me way too many time and it's always when it's a big fish. ok here it is, how does a fish get itself unhook right after it got hook? is it because im just stripping it in and not actually yanking the rod back to get the hook in the fish enough. i dont want to yank it's mouth off, but like today i went out fishing toss a nymph in, bam a fish GREAT.... then huh with in maybe 2-3 seconds it unhook itself, then a big one again this time it really bend my rod. wow what a fish or what strength... but the fight didn't last a minute, i try playing with it, keeping it off balance, rod at around 10 O,clock. but it still got lose i don't know, i think my hooks are sharp enough. im learning alittle but kind of at a point where i dont know how they get off. the little fish when they get hook they tend to stay on till i take it off their mouth... i was thinking shouldn't that be the same to the bigger fish?

ok, so when you anglers get a nibble or a bite what do you do right away? using nymph that is.

because i tend to just slowly pull in, should i pull it really fast then play with it, i don't know any info will help.
i keep on losing the big fish and dont know why.
anything under 12inch i can get it. but seems like if it's bigger it just want to get lose.