Thread: 1st steelie of the season.

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffdf View Post
    Nice Fish,

If you don't mind me asking, how has the drag been on the Mid-Arbor? Have you used in in cold weather yet?

Thanks!
    works great everytime I've used it. never used it in freezing tho, Ihave a 8wt older rod I use sometimes instead so the icy lines don't kill my custom rod's guides or scratch the rod all up. very smooth drag tho and I recommend them for sure!! have never broke the tippet on a running fish with it yet and I have caught 10 pound steel with it! I try to take care of it and keep it lightly oiled with gun oil so it don't rust and stays really shiny! its only got lil 3 baby scratchs on it from the shale in my river and stuff,setting it down on the ground.. see the lil bit of mud on it in the pic! ughhh! now thats a 1st! I hate when that happens. I usually set it on a flat rock or leaf to try and keep it safe and purty but was so excited it was my 1st steelie of the season and right on the last run when i beached her she did a alligator roll and wrapped my line around her so needless to say i set the rod down in a hurry and flipped her onto shore so i could untangle and unhook her and all asap!!! it was worth it tho! just had to wash off my reel and all.
    Last edited by fishaholic69; 10-23-2009 at 05:02 AM.
    God Put Fly Fishing Here For You And Me! Take Advantage Man! Take Advantage!
    AKA GeorgeMcFly