I sent out an email and though I would just post it here so you guys and gals that have been so supportive over the last almost 3 years now. I know that I have not posted a lot here the last year or so, but so may of you said to please keep you updated, here it is.

Finally some really great promising news from Randy. To help make this shorter I will skip some stuff from the past (and I am cutting out a lot).

He called and had been to see this really good Prosthesis guy that he spoke to way back from before he had the foot removed. This guy is involved with lots of sports rehab and things like that. It was always his plan to go see him once finished in San Antonio, but advance that to see what he though about all the problems he has had. This is where it gets good....the guy said he didn't like the material they were using for his socket (I think that is what they call it) and also the leg was way too heavy (over 6 pounds) and the wrong kind of method of attaching his leg. He also said he didn't think Randy needed any more surgery and just some time in a Hyperbaric Chamber to aid healing. They took a cast so they can make his new socket and Monday he goes back to get that and have them cast his new leg (will be like 2 1/2 pounds). He also said he thinks Randy will need a suspended vacuum type leg in place of the weight bearing kind he has now. Randy said he think within a couple of month he will be able to do anything he was able to do before. It really looks like this very long and painful road is coming to an end soon and that makes me want to just cry from being happy. The road has been very long for me and even longer for Randy and to think it's almost over is such a giant relief.

So friends I thank God for my son and the people that have given so much for our country and of course the doctors, last but sure not the least this guy he is working with now. I also thank everyone that has given your support through all of this as it means a lot to all of us.

What a Blessing this was to hear!

So me and my family thank you all!

Skip
PS for the one that will say this is not the place to post this, I have heard it before and all I can say is this in the only board I post on here and the only people I know at this site. So I will thank you to just look over it.