+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nevada furlers???

Hybrid View

Default Nevada furlers???

Still wonderin' if there is one

My scribbled map shows nests of furlers, grin, concentrated here and there, and scattered furlers in about 15 countries (okay, maybe the furlers themselves aren't scattered, but their locations are), but what about Nevada?? Is it furler-free?

Kat

Kathy,

Just wondering, in your record keeping, can you tell us what State you have sold the most furling DVD's? Just wondering....

Thanks to your DVD I can and have been making my own furled leaders for at least 2 years now and enjoying every minute of it! Your DVD took the, at least to me, confusing instructions on the internet and made sense of them.

Thanks so much,
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Let's see - I have my map in hand with all the dots representing DVDs, not my ledger, but here's the jist.

States where we've been to rodmakers gatherings or fly fishing shows, etc, are in the lead, pretty much what you'd expect, I guess:

Michigan, Minnesota, Illinois, New York, Colorado, and Maine

but

places where FAOLers live are pretty predominant, too:

(west to east)

California, some in both Idaho and Washington, a few in Oregon, Utah, and Arizona, then about a dozen dots are in Nebraska with a few in the states north and OK, but a bunch in Texas

and

ALL around the Midwest (Wisconsin, Indiana, Ohio) have a nice showing, as does Florida, and all the states between the Midwest and Florida have a few

except

North Carolina, Tennessee, and Kentucky have just a few more.

From Maine down to Virginia, there are a lot!

So the map looks like a near smudge from Maine to Virginia, concentrations of dots in MN, IL, MI, and CO, and a nice peppering all across the Midwest and South (especially Texas), and again in CA.

Nevada is blank There's fishing there, too!

And then, there's Australia and New Zealand, Malaysia, all across Canada, Serbia, Germany, England, Romania, Italy, and The Netherlands with some dots, and a few more with one or two).

Fun. We know from the furlers board out of England that the Northern Europeans have been big into this for sometime, and there are LOTS of places where people learned from each other, Issac Walton, Jim Cramer, Claude Freaner, Henk Vehaar, and the rest, but I'd say that furlers extend around the World for sure.

I wonder about South America....?

Kat

Default Pennsylvania

Hi Kathy: Don't forget me in PA. I bought a DVD from you because I heard about you on this board. Can I have something free????? LOL! Anything, I'll take anything, I ain't proud. HA! HA!
    Bruce

Comraderie and friendship, how's that?

I think there are about two dozen PA furlers, so you have them, too!

Kat

+ Reply to Thread