anyone try fly fishing in the rain before, and how is it?
it's been raining all day today and hard rain nonstop. from i think around 4am and still is raining even now at 11pm. i dont think it's going to stop. water will be high and im not sure if it will be easy to cast with rain and wind. but i want to try since i know there wont be much fisherman at all on the rivers.
so it should be a nice chance for me to go out and fish. but fly wise prob no dry flies, i should try nymphs and scuds?

will be my first time ever fishing in the rain.
dont know who i will do or how it will go, but my waders should be good for my legs and chest. but will have to get something for the top to stay dry.

when it's raining are fish still hiding in the same spots as before or are they more moving around since we can't really see them and it's alittle safer for them?

the river i fish has a nice flow at top, to a good run with two big broken bridge pieces, then a little pool on the side of the broken bridge, to a nice run down stream that splits up. one side fast run, the other side rift lots of rocks lots of bugs, bubbles, and about maybe lower than 8inch but with the rain i wont be sure.

so any info if you anglers try fishing in the rain will help.