Ok, I need some advice. I recently got a job offer, and now that I know that I'll have some sort of raise (being an americorps volunteer doesn't pay real well, though it is pretty rewarding) I'm planning my next rod purchase. (if any of you know my wife, don't let her hear about this)

I have only been fly fishing since august, and I feel like I can cast my 8' 6wt Scott rod pretty well. I don't know what model it is: it was a gift from my grandfather when I was 13. It's super slow. Sometimes when I'm casting, I can feel the flex all the way down into the cork. I love this rod. I have tried casting faster rods, and I just can't do it. Almost all of the rods I've tried out, feel too fast.

Does anyone know where I can find a super slow rod? I'm afraid to keep fishing with the Scott, because it's so old that I don't think it's covered by warranty, and even if it were, I'm sure they'd probably replace it with something different.

I'd ideally like to keep from breaking the bank, too. I think I'd like to spend less than 350.00