Quote Originally Posted by DG View Post
My experience with waders is that they last about 6 months of hard use, regardless of type or who makes them. And almost all mine die of compression leaks in the neoprene feet. Then again, I use mine HARD, ten hours a day and then some.

If you use them less, they will last longer. And some people just seem to get waders that last forever, but not me.

Breathables are more comfortable and versatile, IMO, than neoprene, so I recommend going that route. Get the best you can afford to get, ones with a good warranty, and take care of them.
I fish some long days both in the salt & freshwater year round & I had a pair of LL bean Wicked tough waders for 5 or so years. I had started getting some small leaks around the knees so on a trip to ME. I stopped in the store & was going to buy a new pair & keep these as a spare pair. I told the salesman what my plan was & he insisted ( I mean really insisted) that I turn them in for a new pair. & I did. They didn't have my size so I got a different wader that was slightly cheaper & they refunded me the difference. I love the new waders & I love LL Beans no questions asked return policy. Wherever you decide to buy yur waders take into account the stores return policy.