I must tell you fellow FAOL members I am very angry and disspointed at the degrading quality of cork in the Fly Fishing Industry today. What is so different about the way cork feels and tastes under the gums? I mean something is just plain wrong in the world when fish pictures are strewn throughout the internet with anglers holding just the fish in their hands. Where are all the pictures of people with cork in their mouths?

Has the grimy, fish stained cork on our favorite rods become so lacking in taste that we no longer wish to put them in our mouths to take a picture? It's a travesty that an art as skilled and vital to fly fishing as cork tasting should fall along the wayside.

Some day soon, we'll all sadly gather around the campfire, and tell our children's children that before the advent of digital cameras, rod holding gizmos, guides who land the fish for you ( darn them guides , and people putting their rods on the bank to take pictures, anglers once improvised, and put that sweet tasting cork in their mouths for that unique black and white photo that is now preserved in the Fly Fishing Hall of Fame.

Let's all join in to stop the trend before it's too late. E-mail, or call your favorite fly rod manufacturers and tell them to start making fly rod grips with flavorings for the more "discriminating" anglers. I can invision all the great opportunities now:

Cork that tastes like gin for rough and tumble anglers who want to grimace as they take the picture
Pork Rind flavored cork for those of us who want a snack between trout
Cheesecake flavored cork for those sweet tooths out there ( you know you're one )
And finally the premier cork on that 800.00 SUPER FAST ACTION fly rod that tastes like Starbuck's Frappuccino for the ( well you know who that's for )

Free the fly fishing world, and bring cork tasting back!!

------------------
Jude
Late to bed,
Early to Rise,
Guide all day,
Tie more flies!
www.customflys.com