Well it is only October 12th, of 2009, and I am experiencing the 2nd snow fall in Minnesota!

This is only the 8th time, since the 1850's, that Minnesota had significant snow fall this early in October! The weather bureau says that we have more on the way, from Colorado later this week. If this change in the weather continue, I will not have to rack the leaves until spring, and I will not have to mow the lawn until then either!

I remember the last early snow fall, in 1990,s (Year the Minnesota Twins won their 2nd World Series), when we had 18 inches of snow on Halloween, and another 18 inches three days later. That years we had snow on the ground throughout the winter months, and we did not see our lawns, until the end of April the next year.

My fly fishing season ended at the end of September, because I fish mostly for warm-water fish, around my residence in White Bear Lake. Short fishing season (End of May to End of September) but I got my time in, on the water. Fishing weekdays (retired), while everyone else are stuck in the morning "Rush Hour" heading to work!

"Minnesota! "The Land of 2 Seasons!" Winter is coming, and Winter is here!

~Parnelli