I liked LF's article on the backroads. One minor quibble is that some of the Interstate roads do, in fact, have some very nice views of the countryside. But do agree that the back roads are, mostly, a lot nicer drive when you are not trying to make time.

That aside, and on a related note, I find LF's article is very timely. I recently switched jobs and am now commuting by train. I see a lot of ponds and decent sized streams and river inlets that look promising. When driving over them (at least in a few cases I believe that those are the same streams, can't see any signs indicating what the stream names are when I'm on the train) from the interstate or the road that the interstate parrallels, the streams tend to not look as promising as they do where I see them from the train (which is pretty much where or very close to where they empty into the big river nearby). I am tempted to try to find ways to get to some of those streams, inlets, ponds, etc. that I see next spring/summer.

Which leads me to ask for stories from anyone in a similar position where they see a river, stream, pond, lake, etc. (one or more that you have never seen before and suddenly "discovered" it) that looks promising while commuting back and forth to work everyday? Have you gone back and actually fished that body of water? What about those people who haven't gone to actually fish that water but still want to? Anyone have similar experiences but found it difficult to find access to those bodies of water to fish them?

I don't care if you caught 100 fish or none at one of these commuter bodies of water, let's hear some stories.

Thanks,
Paul