I am a devotee for Bennett Springs near Lebanon. It is about 70 miles from Springfield right across Int 44. The park is only open for fishing from Friday through Monday. as someone mentioned, and it is all catch and release. I believe that the whole stream is flies or single hook jigs and spinners, with no live bait or plastics allowed. The Park store will be open for licenses and trout stamps and the Lodge Restaurant, I believe. For some very upto date information Weavers tackle shop has a great web site and weekly fishing reports with lots of pictures of the park and stream at http://missouritrout.com/weavers/report.html. They are great people and will give you as much info as you want. My wife and I plan to be down there the last week of the month for our annual fall trip and it is always great. I have gone down a couple of times for the winter fishing, but it is a 6 hour drive from southern Iowa so we try to go when we can spend several days at one of our favorite places. There will be lots of fish in the stream and it will probably be crystal clear by then, so check it out.