+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TFO Lefty Kreh Signature Series

Hybrid View

Default TFO Lefty Kreh Signature Series

So I had an unfortunate leaving my rod on top of the van incident last Thursday, and need to replace my Orvis Streamline 8.5' 5 wt. I'd like something comparable in price, and am interested in the TFO Lefty Kreh Signature Series. Do any of you have experience with these rods? Also is their warranty as good as they say it is? Cabela's has it for $110 and I have a coupon for $30 off any purchase over $100, so the price is right. I am interested in the 9' 5 wt, and this will be my only fly rod.

http://www.templeforkflyrods.com/rods/signature.html#T

The good news is the Orvis rod went out on a good note, catching a few small browns in a creek that mostly has stocked rainbows.

Blog Entries

It is my work horse, I have the 9ft 6wt and it great a good deal for the price..
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

Blog Entries

I got my 4 pc, 5W, 9' at Bass Pro Shop and love it. It's a lot of rod for the money. I haven't had to use the warranty.

TFO also donated 5 of these rods with reels and everything to our Fly Fishing Merit Badge program at one of the Scout Camps here in Colorado.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

The Signature series are often overlooked in favor of the more expensive Pro series. If you do not need a 4pc rod, the Signature series is an excellent rod for the price. TFO service is excellent if needed. I never have needed it, but the few people I know that have have reported back with the highest praise.

I have the Axiom series and have really put it through the wringer. On my last day of fishing in MT this summer, I broke the tip off. As soon as I got home, I packaged it up and sent it to TFO. 2 weeks later, I was good to go. You can't get much better than that.

John

I've never cast the Orvis, so I don't know how it compares in terms of action, etc., but the TFO is a good solid rod for the money. I haven't had to use the warranty myself, but the few I know who have have had nothing but great things to say about the service. Not much here that hasn't been said already in this thread, but at least it's another bit of confirmation for you.
    If it swims and eats, it'll eat a fly.

I own one of those and it is great, I use it for carp fishing. I should have more.
    You can't beat that price either.
    Later
    I believe I can fly fish

Thumbs up

Brandon,
    I have the EXACT 5wt you are considering. I expected it to be my "loaner" rod for friends, but it has become MY "go-to" 5wt. It is a FANTASTIC value! I have not had to use the warranty, but I have never yet heard a complaint.
    Buy it! You will not regret it.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

i bought an 8'6" 6-wt last week and tried it out yesterday and all i can say is i love it, it is taking some getting used to, it is a big step from a 20 dollar rod i had but when i learn the rod it will be great.

bart

I did buy the rod, but ended up taking it back to Cabela's and exchanging it for a Three Forks 8.5' 5wt 4 piece. The TFO rod did cast nice, but I was not impressed with the reel seat and cork grip. It just seemed to be cheaper than the Three Forks. Plus the Cabela's rod is a 4 piece, cast nicer (to me) and was less money. I have no doubt that the TFO rod is good quality and would work for me, but for the cost it was hard to turn down the Three Forks. Also it was highly recommended to me by the guy working in the fly shop whose advice I have learned to listen to. Recommending a less expensive rod gets my attention. And the money I saved I can put towards a Three Forks 7.5' 3 wt.

+ Reply to Thread