I took my ODC Classic out for the first time today. Fished a little, but as my wife says, I mostly just played with my new toy The wind was blowing very hard and it was rough rowing against the wind, but I still had a good time. And don't worry, I had my PFD on the whole time and would not dare go out on it with out one.

I was on the water a couple of hours before I had my problem, and thank the good Lord it was in water where I could stand up. I had rowed over to a boat ramp and was talking to a fellow fisherman when the seat started leaning over backwards. It happened very quickly I was sitting there and suddenly I was leaned over backwards. It had leaned back enough it was a struggle to stand up. I immediately thought the worse but my toons were still holding air. After a few minutes, I realized that one of the straps was very loose. I tightened the straps, and checked the others just for safety, and it sat up right just like it is suppose to. I even rowed it around a little just to be sure and it worked like a champ. I suppose I could have strapped it down wrong, but I took the instructions with me and I am sure I strapped it down correctly and it did hold and do great for a couple of hours.

So my question is this, has anyone else had a strap come loose like that before? If so, how did you fix it? I was thinking of tying a knot in the strap, right above the cam lock so it can't slip through. That will make takeing it down a pain, but I am willing to put up with that in order to have a safe trip.

Next weekend we are headed to Lake Hartwell GA to visit with the in-laws. I plan on takeing it with me, but I'd sure feel better if I had some idea as to why that happened and most importantly how to keep it from happening again. If I had been out in the middle of the lake, well I think it would have held together long enough for me to row to shore, but I really don't won't to find out.

thanks in advance,
hNt