+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need some help with pricing

Hybrid View

Default Need some help with pricing

I have a friend @ church who is interested in selling his outfit. He has a Scott SVS 905 rod in very good condition. (9ft 5wt 2 peice) It has a lamson 1.5 reel with an unknown line / backing. The outfit comes with a SA hard case (with reel pouch), & a sock. The reel is in great shape with a few minor "normal" dings on the edges

He also has a pristine - New never been touched Martin 63 single action reel. Its stamped "Pflugeger Trump No. 576 Made in U.S.A" - I think this may be a collectors item. Original box and paperwork included.

I have no idea how much these are worth and need an opinoin to let him know how much to ask. Can you guys help?

Thanks
    Brannon

I will attach some pictures later.
    http://cff1611.proboards.com
    Sow a thought....reap an act;
    Sow an act....reap a habit;
    Sow a habit...reap a character;
    Sow a character....reap a destiny!!!!!

Smile Need some help with pricing

Brannon go online and get some pricing and then price your Items @ least 1/3 off maybe offer free shipping, good luck with the sale.

Pierre

Go to trade-n-stuff to see what a Lamson 1.5 costs. I have one and theres no way i am selling it. trade-n-stuff sells only fly gear
    Please, support Project Healing Waters....Thank You

4. Default

which model 1.5?
    I usually expect used equipment to be approximately 1/2 of original retail...
    this set doesn't include the original rod tube.
    just my (humble) opinion.
    later,
    Peter

Martin 63 = $15.00 they are plentiful
    Pflueger Trump with box = $25.00 maybe. They are fairly common

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rockthief View Post
    Martin 63 = $15.00 they are plentiful
    Pflueger Trump with box = $25.00 maybe. They are fairly common
    The box says "Martin 63" - The reel is stamed "pfluger trump 567" - I am to assume this is not the box for this reel?

The Lamson just says "Lamson 1.5 USA" - I dont know how old or any other model # - I'll try to post a pic!

Thanks everyone!!
    http://cff1611.proboards.com
    Sow a thought....reap an act;
    Sow an act....reap a habit;
    Sow a habit...reap a character;
    Sow a character....reap a destiny!!!!!

Looks like you have a Martin reel and a Pflueger box. Someone might pay a few dollars to have the box. The Trump was not a high end reel.

Default Can't find trade-in-stuff

Flybugpa I can't find the wedsite trade-in-stuff. Even tried to google it and couldn't find it. I'm always looking for new sites to view, could you please post the website address so I can add it to my favorites. thanks

The Scott Voyager Series (SVS) was Scott's entry-level fly rod. Originally they sold for about $150 new. The V2 went for about $200. I don't think they sold all that well since the Alpha series got a reputation for being a very nice rod for not much more money. Scott still makes the Alpha (A3), but has discontinued the Voyager.

A 2pc, 5wt with an aftermarket case might be worth $80-100. You'd be better off if you could dig up the original tube and sock.

If the reel is the same vintage as the rod, it's probably a Lamson LP. That was very popular reel in its day and still has a bit of a following. An LP in good shape goes for about $60-70. I'm afraid an old, unidentified line won't add anything to that.

I should probably mention that the only way you'd get those prices is to break up the set. You'd probably sell the rod to someone who's looking for any kind of a sub-$100 stick. You'd probably get your best price for the reel from an old guy like me who has fond memories of fishing LPs. I doubt there's much of an intersection among those 2 groups. If you really need to sell the rod and reel together, you'd be doing well to get $120.
    Last edited by nb_ken; 10-04-2009 at 03:47 PM.

+ Reply to Thread