I posted this in the rod building section because thats were Ed spent most his time here, but I know some of you guys don't venture into that part of the site much so wanted to repost this here for all Ed's friends-

Guys I can't tell you how much it hurts me to have to post this, but I just got off the phone with Ed's daughter Erin.. our friend Ed Temme...better known to you guys here as "Smernsky" or lately as "E.T Custom fly rods" passed away suddenly and unexpectedly yesterday afternoon from a massive heart attack.

I've known Ed for the past year and we talked about once a week for the past few months. The day before he passed we had spoke for over an hour on the phone about he&I finally getting together and fishing sometime soon. Ed was probably one of the nicest guys you could ever hope to call a friend. I'm extremely sad that we didn't get a chance to fish together and meet each other like we were planning to do, but I'm very proud to say that I had to chance to get to know him and call him my friend.

Ed I'll certainly miss you buddy, maybe we'll finally get to spend some time fishing together like we planned when my time comes.

Steve

For those interested-

Relatives and friends are invited to attend Ed Temme's Celebration of Life Service at St. John's United Church of Christ, 500 W. Main St. in Lansdale on Tuesday 10/6/09 at 11am. The family will greet friends at the church prior to the service between 10 and 11am. In lieu of flowers the family prefers donations in his name to the Main Line Fly-Tyers, c/o Diane M. Temme, 551 Winding Road Lansdale PA, 1944