+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Very sad news

Hybrid View

Default Very sad news

I posted this in the rod building section because thats were Ed spent most his time here, but I know some of you guys don't venture into that part of the site much so wanted to repost this here for all Ed's friends-

Guys I can't tell you how much it hurts me to have to post this, but I just got off the phone with Ed's daughter Erin.. our friend Ed Temme...better known to you guys here as "Smernsky" or lately as "E.T Custom fly rods" passed away suddenly and unexpectedly yesterday afternoon from a massive heart attack.

I've known Ed for the past year and we talked about once a week for the past few months. The day before he passed we had spoke for over an hour on the phone about he&I finally getting together and fishing sometime soon. Ed was probably one of the nicest guys you could ever hope to call a friend. I'm extremely sad that we didn't get a chance to fish together and meet each other like we were planning to do, but I'm very proud to say that I had to chance to get to know him and call him my friend.

Ed I'll certainly miss you buddy, maybe we'll finally get to spend some time fishing together like we planned when my time comes.

Steve

For those interested-

Relatives and friends are invited to attend Ed Temme's Celebration of Life Service at St. John's United Church of Christ, 500 W. Main St. in Lansdale on Tuesday 10/6/09 at 11am. The family will greet friends at the church prior to the service between 10 and 11am. In lieu of flowers the family prefers donations in his name to the Main Line Fly-Tyers, c/o Diane M. Temme, 551 Winding Road Lansdale PA, 1944

It is very sad news. My wife made Ed's rod bags, she just shipped him several a few days ago. She got an email yesterday from Ed's family about his untimely passing. It really is too bad.
    "People tend to get the politicians and the fishing tackle they deserve" -
    John Gierach, Fishing Bamboo

http://www.tenkaraflyfish.blogspot.com/

Our Prayer's are with the Family.
    This has Not been a good year for the FAOL Family.

What a Loss! Ed was way too young for this. He was enthused about his new full time business start-up of bulding and repairing rods.

I almost got to fish with him last June in Roscoe, but he could not get away from the former job as he wanted to fish.
    Max

Ed will be greatly missed. He was always a chearfull voice to chat with.

Z

Add our prayers from Wyoming.
    Wyo-Blizzard

Prayers are going up from here as well....
    Exploring the waters of western Montana...

Prayers from here in Va. too...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Yow! What a shock! As Max says, he was too young to go on to the great stream in the sky.

I first knew Smernsky here when he was down in FL, far away from trouts. We would talk about the nearby semi-tailwater, the Tulpehocken, and since he was so far awy, he shared some of his secret spots when he had lived up here in PA. Several years ago he moved into the Philly area and worked up in Allentown. We met up several times to ffish, though curiously he never hit the Tulpy. He and his bud(s) came to one of the Roscoe FAOL's, maybe more.

I got a nice Orvis Far'n Fine from him- the original series which is sweeter than the later versions, and still one of the all time best actions for trouting in PA type waters. Smern was always on me to rejoin the Main Line Fly Tiers, where he was quite active, but their meetings were a touch far for me. Best thoughts and prayers to Smern's family.

tl\
    les

+ Reply to Thread