Thread: Furling Board Features

Threaded View

Thanks, Kaboom...off to the big box later today.

Nice post Gem....

Some thoughts...

Some where some one mentioned using dowels to connect their boards and then using a window latch....the kind that locks windows...to further stabilize the connection...the latch seems like a good idea,...certain amount of tension.

I'm curious Jim, would it have worked to drill the peg holes all the way through...paint each side ...and use those holes? On my original board ...the swiss cheese one as FISHN50 said...I drilled all the way through ...no problem.

One way I was marking my various peg configurations was to use various colored sharpies and circling the peg hole...for example red for one formula...if a hole coincided on another formula I would just circle the other color around the first circle....that way I would just plug the pegs into all the red marked holes...

My board is 8' ...and by keeping the end peg holes close to the end of the board I get 95" butt end to tip end....gives me close to a 7" leader. I'm thinking though for this new board if I want to go longer I can clamp the board to a table or shelf and rig some sort of a tip end peg on the table...that way not worry about an extension the few times I might want to go long like that....of course it depends on how long.

Bass_Bug...thought of this yesterday...it's possible those rectangles might sort of be a hassle when laying down the loops....
    Last edited by ducksterman; 10-04-2009 at 07:11 PM.