Quote Originally Posted by rons81 View Post
I have always liked Kaboom1's board idea. I thought it would be nice to make it in 3 ( 3ft or 4ft pieces ) and dowel them to make the board more portable. maybe use a thicker board and not have the t slots go all the way through. ??? Maybe it's time for a new board. Like to get a gearbox like FISHN50's

Might make it easier to store and travel with.
Hi rons81
I like your idea of a 3 piece board. I'm probably going to combine yours & Kabooms boards. ( That,s quite a piece of woodwork kaboom.) I only plan on using the T tracks for the pegs. I use a screw in hook for the tip end. I figure that most of the time I'll be going for a standard length so I'll only have a few holes over time. anyway I 'm thinking of using 3ea, 3' lengths of track on each side with a split in the board at the junctions. I'm not going to hog out the board for the track but I think I might use a length of 3/8" plywood as a base & put a 1 X 3 in the center with the tracks up against it. This will give me a 9' board & I can even use a extension if I ever decide to make a ten footer.
Before I saw the track on another site I was going to just cut a 1/4" slot in the board & rout a 1/2 channel in the down side. This was going to be put on the piece of 3/8" plywood to hold it rigid. I figured I could just capture a few 1/4"X20 nuts in the track made. I was going to drill out the dowels & install those table leg bolts ( the ones with a wood screw on one end & a 1/4" X 20 thread on the other side). I like the PVC a lot better. That's what's so great about these forums , You can get all kinds of different ideas because everyone looks at things from a different perspective.
As for the gearbox I was throwing out some old units at work & saw the gears & bearings & grabbed them. They worked out perfect. When i build the new board I'll enclose the motor assembly & make it even quieter. The fan motor was from an old 3 speed fan & I guess it turns about 600-800 RPM
which is fine for me.
Any way This Sunday I'm heading up to Maine for a week of Landlocked Salmon fishing so it'll be on hold until I get back.

Neil