+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another Albright Sale

Default Another Albright Sale

Well, Albright is having another big sale. I note that their A-5 rods are on sale for $122 and their GP rods for $60.

Anyone here have either of those rods, and if so, how do you like them?

As I recall, during their last sale several board members picked up an A-5. I also noted that they now say the regular price for an A-5 is $350. Last year the regular price was listed at $225.

Dave

Thumbs down Shipping Coronary

Funny you should mention this. Earlier this week i was looking at the sale items and was going to purchase a Bugati 3/4 reel ($34.99) to try on my 7'6" fiberglass rod. Great price it seems on reel that they say has an MSRP of $250.00 !!!!
    Only problem is they want $18.39 for the least expensive shipping. An email sent to them as to why it was so high was answered:

"We have to add a $9 fee to all shipments because of the Fulfillment costs. You can get FREE UPS Ground with any order over $150 so add a few more items to take advantage of this."

I don't know what that means but i do know that it means i won't be buying from them. Just my 2%. Your mileage may vary.

Rich

I bought one of their Bugati reels when they were having their last sale. I dont recall what the shipping costs were but it certainly wasn't nearly that high.

I might add that I have not actually fished with the reel as yet, but just playing around with it I feel that the drag is not that great. Seems to hang a little and is hard to adjust. I will say this though: it ain't no $250 reel! It will probably work okay for bass and panfish but I would be hesitant to use it for trout with a fine tippet.

Dave

Flyfish4troutguy Guest

I have the Gp rod 7 wt 10 footer and it is great.
    I also got the Gp reel well a little peice cracked on it and i just wanted that shipped to me so i could put it back on they wanted outrageous shipping costs to send it back and they would not even replace it for free.

Bullshit company they do not stand behind their products at all. I would go for the rods but not the reels, really cheap.

albright has good equiment / i have a couple of there rod, reels and my wife wear there waders / how ever there NEW WARRANTY IS LESS THEN DISARIBLE / there claim to be the best warranty in the business is untrue / all u have to do is read the fine print

+ Reply to Thread