+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flip Fins

Hybrid View

Default Flip Fins

As some of you know, I bought a float tube a few weeks ago. I haven't had the opportunity to use it yet. It came with a pair of inexpensive (really cheap) kick fins, and I just don't have the faith in them I should have. I know that the Force Fin question has been kicked around before (kicked to death) but I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with a competitor of theirs called Flip Fins. I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on a purchase and I'm torn between Force and Flip. Any help out there? Thanks ahead.

Here is a link to Flip Fins' website;
    http://www.flipfins.com/
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Lotech....I believe the Flip fins were discussed in the last thread when ever fins were discussed,,,as you said "kicked to death"...perhaps a search....

Edit: actually I just did one...first one that came up...

http://www.flyanglersonline.com/bb/s...ight=flip+fins
    Last edited by ducksterman; 10-01-2009 at 01:04 PM.

Prices are pretty close, you can walk forward in both.
    My only observation is....the Force fins are more friendly to your wading boot if you use them. It is soft Neoprene as versus Rubber and even plastic.
    The advantage to the Omega's however, if you have a FLOAT TUBE, you could lean back, straighten legs and use the same motion as a scuba diver. Making it able to move on the up and down.

I can't think of any negatives to either fin...so it comes down to preference.

FG

Normand Guest

after i started the thread that ducky posted i ended up getting the force fins. lets me be a navy seal for a few hours.

as far as walking in fins, i usually position all of my gear at the boat ramp and then i dont have but 4-5 feet to walk into the water. i'm figuring its about 5 or 6 steps and i'm floating away. people make it sound so difficult to walk in fins. i dont know why.

NORM ( flashback from Cheers) There are some places I launch that are such a gradual incline, you have to walk quite a ways.
    But, I like the fact that if I forgot my water at 50' away, I don't have to bend over and take the fins off to go get it. Plus a better work out...LOL

The flip fins or Omegas, were designed with the river fishing idea. Floating down,pulling over to the shore and walking. Or even landing the monsters.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Normand View Post
    after i started the thread that ducky posted i ended up getting the force fins. lets me be a navy seal for a few hours.
    :
    Hi Normand,

Just a quick FYI ... The Flipfins are being used by Navy Seals and are also a part of the standard tactical equipment for Naval Special Warfare Groups (NSWG).

Sincerely,

Omega Aquatics

VERY COOL. That is what I love about this Forum. The people that drop by.

Hats off to an AWESOME designed flipper. Someday!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by omegaaquatics View Post
    Hi Normand,

Just a quick FYI ... The Flipfins are being used by Navy Seals and are also a part of the standard tactical equipment for Naval Special Warfare Groups (NSWG).

Sincerely,

Omega Aquatics
    I'm really close to a decision here. To be honest, I'm leaning toward the Force Fins for a couple of reasons.

#1 Reputation-They've been around for a long time and the only thing folks don't like about them is the price.

#2 No moving parts-It just seems like that no moving parts lends itself to fewer breakdowns.
    I sure like the idea of getting the flipper part of the fins clear out of the way though.

Cordially,
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

+ Reply to Thread