I've seen recommendations in other places, but wanted to cast the line here too.

I'm planning on doing some serious backcountry hiking and "exploration" next year, visiting a local state park with a wide variety of habitats from fields, to dense woods, to swamps. I'm looking for a fly rod and reel that meets the following requirements:

1. I can put the rod and reel in a backpack that may get some abuse from time to time without worrying about weight or damage.

2. I'd like it to be a five weight because that's what I'm currently using and am used to (as I've mentioned before, I've only been fly fishing since June). I'd be willing to drop down to a three weight if it will be suitable for the warm water fishing I prefer (panfish and bass, with some carp or bullhead possibly thrown in).

3. I like rods with a medium-to-fast action. Some people have said that multi-part rods are always slow. Some people say this is a lie.

4. I'd like to spend $200 or less on the rod and reel combined. This might be like saying "I want a pony", but I'm hoping it's doable.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!