Thread: MIA but still kicking !!!

Threaded View

Cool MIA but still kicking !!!

September 14th I entered the hospital for arthroscopic surgery on my right arm elbow !!!!
    I was wheeled into surgery at 10:30 AM and came out into recovery at 12 Noon. I came to caughing up blood and blood clots, my oxygen level went dangerously low, my heart went tachicardic, and I started to run a high fever. I was in recovery till 6:30 PM. This went on; constant caughing up blood and blood clots and fighting to breath !!! I was admitted to the floor at 7 PM !!!! A barrage of blood test, lung x-rays, CT's, EKG's etc... while the staff pumped me full of antibiotics, morphine, oxygen, and making sure the clots did not kill me !!! I was wheeled back down and put under for a Bronchoscopy Thursday Morning !!!!! I had trouble comeing out of the anesthesia; was unconscious for over two hours, came to with my oxygen level going dangerously low and heart going tachicardic (again). At that point I was running a temp of 103.4 !!! They decided to keep me in ICU for 2 days !!! The doctor said everything (Lungs ) were inflamed !!! MY Liver was naturally inflamed (from fighting all the infection and pneaumonia) !!!! I was discharged Monday after being in the hospital for 1 week !!!
    We are still waiting for a lot of test results and results of tissue samples !!! The Doctor has diagnosed that I have a rare auto-immune disease that attacks and eats away at the lung tissue and kidneys !!! I have had this for some time (scars on my lungs and kidneys)and the stress of surgery just tipped the scales !!!! They will be treating with combos of cortisone steroids for one thing !!!! That is what I know so far !!! I also have a long rehab with my arm/elbow that will keep me outta commission from fly tying and fly fishing for awhile !!!!! A long road of recovery, but I am glad to be home from the hospital, and glad to still be kicking !!!!!
    Last edited by MR.JML; 09-25-2009 at 05:52 AM.