+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Age 62+ National Parks Pass

Hybrid View

Default Age 62+ National Parks Pass

I just learned about this one, so am passing it along.

America the Beautiful ? National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass ? Senior Pass

* Cost: $10
    * Lifetime pass for U.S. citizens or permanent residents age 62+
    * Provides access to, and use of, all national parks and Federal recreation sites that charge an entrance/standard amenity fee
    * Pass may be used for passengers in a non-commercial vehicle (at vehicle entrances), or for pass holder plus 3 adults at per person fee areas
    * Provides a 50% discount on some amenity fees
    * Non-transferable and generally does not cover special recreation permit fees
    * Purchase: In person at the park

Had mine 24 years-------BILL

Only $10 and for life? No wonder we're going broke as a nation.

Nonetheless, since it's available and I qualify it's probably the patriotic thing to get one.

Thanks for posting--I thought I had to be 65.
    No man can have too many fly rods;
    no woman too many shoes.

Blog Entries

Default Seniors pass

I also thought it was age 65, so guess I better get one soon.

Here is some data I collected from the internet. You can't buy it on line but only in person.

Larry ---sagefisher---

One of the best senior travel bargains anywhere is a low-cost lifetime national park pass that admits seniors free of charge to most U.S. national parks, forests, refuges, monuments and recreation areas, from Denali National Park in Alaska to the Florida Everglades.

Senior Pass Eligibility

As part of the American the Beautiful - National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass program, U.S. citizens or permanent residents who are at least 62 years old can purchase a Senior Pass for a one-time processing fee of $10. This Senior Pass to national parks and lands offers benefits to you and your traveling companions.

Senior Pass to National Parks Benefits

?In National Parks that charge an entrance or standard amenity fee, the Senior Pass admits you and the passengers in your car or other private vehicle.
    ?In National Parks where a "per person" entrance fee is charged, the Senior Pass admits you plus three other adults (who need not be seniors). This is an especially good deal if you are also traveling with grandchildren, because children under 16 have free admission.
    ?The lifetime national parks Senior Pass also gives seniors a 50 percent discount on federal use fees charged for camping, swimming, boat launching, parking and tours.
    ?In some cases where use fees are charged, only the person named on the Senior Pass will be given the 50 percent discount.
    ?The senior pass is non-transferable and does not cover or reduce special recreation permit fees or concession fees charged by private companies.

How to Buy a National Parks Lifetime Senior Pass
    The Senior Pass to national parks cannot be purchased by mail or online. It must be purchased in person at a federal area where entrance fees are charged, or at regional offices of the National Park Service, the U.S. Forest Service or the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Proof of age, such as a valid driver's license, is required at the time you purchase your senior pass.

For more information about the National Parks Lifetime Senior Pass, call the National Park Service at 1-888-ASK-USGS.
    Organizations and clubs I belong to:

Fly Fishers International Life Member
    FFI 1000 Stewards member
    FFI Presidents Club
    FFI Fly Tying Group Life Member

Washington State Council FFI
    V.P. Membership

Alpine Fly Fishers Club
    President & Newsletter Editor--The Dead Drift

North Idaho Fly Casters club

AND, if you can swing it, get one EVERY year. I don't recall the current entry fee per car for the "under-aged" BUT $10 to get into Grand Teton, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Glacier,Great Smokey Mtn National Parks is a pittance for the pleasure I derive from them. Happy to pay the fee every year.

Mark

Unhappy

I posted primarily because of the age thing. I also thought it was age 65. Guess I look young (not!) cuz the rangers staffing the entrance booth to RMNP have not told me about this in 2 years when I qualified, but paid for an annual pass.

+ Reply to Thread