In the case of the Marine abusing a congressman, I tend to think that Ron did the right thing. I don't think that he was "sounding off". I think that he was explaining a policy and then trying to prevent a thread from degenerating into bad feelings.

Ron has a darned tricky line to walk. Let's try to be supportive. People who strongly disagree with an action that the one referenced might send a polite, tastefully worded PM.

Ed (and his tuppence)

I agree with Ed. To start with this initial post should never have been posted. Political? Yes.
Just because something is on a video or in the media does not give us all the facts. This is a Fly Fishing Board.
Most of us want to keep it that way, I know for a fact that is what is intended and what it will be.
Most of you know I served 15 years. Two different wars. Have my battle scars, both seen and un seen. Stupid chest full of decorations. Been there and done that.

Lets all shake hands and follow the rules of this board. Lets get back to fishin.

I seldom get into this sort of debate. I have better things to do, like feedin the chickens.
Rest assured I will follow the rules posted on this board as long as I am trusted to have Admin tools.

Denny
Airborne / Ranger / SOG and proud of it.