+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prayers Please

Cool Prayers Please

This mornings news about the floods in Georgia was just devastating. Please add a prayer for the safety our FAOL folks down there. I know we have several in the Atlanta region.

They are in my thougths and prayers.

Rocky

We've been lucky here. "Just" 12 inches of rain in the past week. Fortunately most of it has gone "somewhere". We had a little dry spell just before this so most of it soaked in.

Prayers out to them as this could easily be us.

But my grass sure looks good!!
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

There have been 7 fatalities caused by the flooding at this time. The Chattahoochee has been over I-20 west of Atlanta, near 6 Flags if you are familiar with Atlanta, and over I-285 between I-75 and I-20.The most heartbreaking story was a 2 year old little boy swept from his father's arms in west Georgia.

The flooding has been in the McMansions, as they are known locally, to the mobile home parks. I heard a story of a local media exec going to considerable expense to put in an emergency generator to operate pumps and protect his wine cellar. The lower 1/3 of the generator was under water and inoperative.

The records show Lawrenceville, GA, the county seat for Gwinnett County, where I reside, received 14.55 inches in September; 7.77 inches yesterday. Someone said this morning most droughts end with a flood.

The sun is shining at the moment and my lawn looks like a golf course, tall rough.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Default I'm a "metro" Atlantan

which means I live at least 30 min outside the city (more like 45-60 in my case). Thank you all for praying for us rednecks. Oddly, but fortunately for me and my family, we live just far enough North that we weren't in the largest part of the flood zone as it seemed to rain much more nearer the city limits than it did to the north. I live on top of rock the size of a small mountain so I'm not worried but keep the prayers coming as I will for our unfortunate neighbors. We (the state) have been fighting over water rights with Alabama, Florida, and the feds and now we have too much. Thanks again and catch a fish for us in your local fishing hole so we can be happy for you. There may not be fishable water here for a while.

Man I know you guys needed the rain down there but that's not the way to get it. Hope all are okay!!!!!!

Fatman

Blog Entries

My heart goes out to all I pray everyone is ok.

The death toll is up to 10, a really sad episode was a lady trapped in her car with power windows on the line with 911 and unable to break out a window. Something to think about adding to your glove box (not the trunk) if you have any exposure.

I heard on the news this morning half the homes in Austell, GA were heavily damaged.

Keep praying.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

+ Reply to Thread