+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A little help please

Default A little help please

Hi all, I have just recently made the transfer to cable connection on the web. I am leaving AOL and sure I won't miss it. Do you know of a way that I can transfer the favorite sites and address over? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Craig

email all of the urls to yourself at another addy.

I think there's also a couple of programs to do it automatically, but I've never used AOL so I never tried any of them.

I think Mozilla Firefox can do it for you. You shuld check it out anyway, it's a free browser that is good.

if you have xp I think there is a file transfer wizard, but not sure.

I've never had AOL so I don't know for sure, but look in your web browser for something that lets you export your favorites to a file. Keep that file, then import it into your new browser.

I don't know how many sites you want to save, but one way is to copy and paste the URLs into Word, then they won't be lost when you change servers.

You should be able to import them into your new browser. In netscape go to "Bookmarks", then "manage bookmarks", then "Tools", finally to "import"
    The man who coined the phrase "Money can't buy happiness", never bought himself a good fly rod!

+ Reply to Thread