Hey Guys,
Did some exploring up in New Hampshire today. My report's below but the photos didn't transfer so if you want to see the photos, here's the link to the report on my website. Sorry to put a link in but errands beckon so I don't have time to upload the photos.
Enjoy.
Zach
http://www.massflyfishing.com/cms/bl...River-NH-Tribs.

Swift River, NH Tribs.
09/20/09

I've been trying to get up to explore some small streams off the Kancamagus Highway in New Hampshire for two seasons now and finally made the trip today. The Swift River in New Hampshire has some fine small streams that feed into it and today I checked out a beauty. It wasn't quite an alpine start but I left Beverly around 8 and was fishing by 10:30 so not too bad. Thought I'd be wet wading but it was pretty chilly so I wound up in a fleece jacket and waders, and was pretty happy with the decision because the fleece stayed on till the afternoon.

Rigged up my 6'6" 3 wt. with my favorite small stream rig which is a #16 Parachute Adams with a #18 Bead Head Pheasant Tail dropped off the back, sometimes I'll have a Royal Wulff on top but opted for the Adams today. Jumped in the stream yards from the parking area and just started hitting plunge pool after plunge pool while I made my way upstream. Things got off to a bit of a slow start but once I got away from the hiking trail a bit things started to pick up. The stream I was fishing has a very popular hiking trail that parallels it so the lower portions see a lot of people gawking into the water, so I attribute the slow start to spooked fish, not my mis-casting! The hikers head up to the falls which are about 1/5 of a mile or so up the trail, the pool at the bottom is just beautiful but there were about ten people standing right above it so I didn't even make a cast, just headed up and around the falls to get to the less travelled waters above.

Once I got above the falls things really started heating up and I was getting beautiful little natives half on the dry and half on the dropper. I'd make a few casts to each pool and then keep moving if I didn't move a fish, but more often than not, I'd get a quick take. After the first few fish I started thinking about heading down to the Swift but around the next corner more beautiful runs and pools would beckon so I kept going. After about two and a half hours I'd brought about eight or nine fish to hand and missed at least that many, so I decided to head out and make the longish drive home.