+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let me introduce myself!!

Blog Entries

Red face Let me introduce myself!!

Hello all I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Charlaine I hail from Cranston Rhode Island and am somewere in my 30's . I'm finally in a place were I am able to pick up Fly tying as well as become a better Fly fisher.
    Having spent most of my adult life as a soldier I am finally home for good. Now living as my fathers caretaker and being disbled myself. I have a large amount of idel time on my hands, and after spending this summer fishing with my father I have decided to try my hand at fly tiying in the hopes that it will as I have been told help me with my ptsd and other emotional issues. I already repair fishing rods, some reels and some tackle as well as begining to learn how to build rods. I'm also huge into model rocketry and Invertebrate collecting.
    I worked in the law enforcement field as well as the field of I.T and computer repair for most of my military and nonmilitary life.
    I will try my best to not ask to many dumb questions but I will try to ask questions that will help others to come in time.
    Thank you all for your time and this great site.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CharlaineC; 09-23-2009 at 11:38 AM.

hi! im chris.....
    welcome from mississippi!
    thank you for your service to our great country. good luck with all your new hobbies!
    "some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God." Tony Blake

A big welcome aboard from south Texas. You've picked a great place full of wonderful people to hang out.

Blog Entries

Welcome from Canada.....there are many great folks here who can provide info on fly fishing, fly tying, and even rod building.....and great programs like Project Healing Waters that you might be able to tap into
    "No matter how complicated life can get -- remember life is sometimes like fly fishing; after turning over every rock in the river trying to "match the hatch", you have probably spooked every fish for miles -- so don't let the "little things" BUG you -- just enjoy whatever you find." Mike Ormsby

Blog Entries

thank you all for the harty welcome

Welcome aboard from Georgia. I think you'll find FAOL to be a great place to make new friends (even if it's only virtual friends) and a terrific place to learn. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions you have and feel free to jump in on any thread you find interesting.

Jim Smith

charlaine,

pretty sure we're facebook friends. my wife is an mp w/the 1AD.

glad you found FAOL. it's a great place for a new fly tier to hang out and learn things! i always tell folks that FAOL is probably the BEST on-line reference library for beginning fly anglers and tiers. and i've been surfing and studying these sites since the mid-1990's.

dig deep! the older stuff around here is some of the very best. al campbell's stuff was genius. unfortunately for us, he's gone on to that great trout stream in the sky. he specialized in simplifying proven fly patterns without damaging their performance...and in my experience sometimes improving it. he also invented several of his own that are pretty darned cool and always in my fly boxes.

A big welcome from Oregon. And a big thanks for serving for our country.

Rocky

CharlaineC, Welcome to FAOL from So. Cal. Hope to see you around the board. New guy gets the coffee and donuts.
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Palm Bay, Florida/Rock River Wyoming, USA

Default Welcome CharlaineC!

Come in and sit a spell! Always a good group of folks here and loads of good advice on the boards and the articles. Thank you and God Bless for your service and hope to see you sometime out here in Wyoming.
    Good Fishing,

Chuck S (der Aulte Jaeger)

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved"

http://fishing-folks.blogspot.com/

+ Reply to Thread