Thread: I went and did it !!!!

Threaded View

Smile I went and did it !!!!

I finally broke down and ordered my Kayak. It's an Advanced Elements Straight Edge Inflatable. I've been tempted for over a year now.

I decided on the Native Watercraft Ultimate 12 but learned that while some people may do it - a carrying rack for my 2 door Chevy Cobalt is not made and is not recommended by either Thule or Yakima. I did find ways to carry the Kayak but it didn't make sense to me to be spending more on carrying the Yak than on the Yak itself. So against most my friends advice I have been looking at inflatables. Besides I have no place to store a hard body Kayak in my Condo!

It's interesting, all the comments I got from the non-believers showed absolutely no confidence in the durability or safety of an inflatable. I think understandably so as many aren't fit for a swimming pool. But when on the lake and running into an inflatable owner all I would hear is "Best purchase I ever made", "I take it every where with me", and "I store it in my closet or trunk of my car". I never heard anything but praise from the owners so now I have done it.

I asked on the board here but very few had any experience with an inflatable. Advanced Elements was sponsor at one time and did give away a Kayak in the raffle. It did get good reviews so that was the brand I looked at.

http://www.advancedelements.com/straitedge.html

The Advanced Elements Straight Edge has reports of excellent performance with strong use on Class II and III rapids so I will have to give a report once it arrives and I get a chance to get out.
    Last edited by PanFisher; 09-19-2009 at 05:16 PM.
    Let No One Walk Alone
    <*)))))><{----------}><((((*>