+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hello new to faol

Default hello new to faol

just wanted to take a minute and say hello to everyone, i found this site while surfing the web, and want to say it is great. i am getting back to flyfishing after a long time away from it.
    my main hobby is woodcarving so i spend alot of time doing that, but want to pick back up on fly fishing to have something else to do and something to do with my daughter,she is 14. i live in south georgia, and we fish mainly ponds for bluegill and bass, just gives us something to do when the days are nice to be outside. well just wanted to say hello and thanks to all the folks who have started this board lots of great info here.

bart
    Last edited by BWilson; 09-19-2009 at 01:12 PM.

BWilson,

First, a big Welcome to FAOL from Tennessee! You are going to like it here. Lots of good people and great information. Any questions, just ask...

Let's see...main hobby is woodcarving..carve out a fly tying bench, set up the fly tying vise and start tying up some bluegill and bass poppers and then take your daugther out and have some quality time together...yep, that's the way I see it...

Welcome aboard...
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Blog Entries

First welcome to FAOL....friendly group here....wood carving as a hobby????....and taking up fly fishing?????.....my suggestion is catch those bluegills and bass with your daughter....take a picture before releasing them....then carve examples of the fish caught.....and maybe your daughter can help paint them with you....any way, welcome....and good to hear you're getting your daughter out with a fly rod
    "No matter how complicated life can get -- remember life is sometimes like fly fishing; after turning over every rock in the river trying to "match the hatch", you have probably spooked every fish for miles -- so don't let the "little things" BUG you -- just enjoy whatever you find." Mike Ormsby

Blog Entries

Bart, welcome to FAOL, new guys chop the fire wood and bring the donuts, but don't worry around here your only the new guy for a couple of days.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

Blog Entries

Hey Bart, weclome aboard. I lived in Marietta back before it was part of Atlanta. What part of S. GA do you hail from?

Take care,
    Ed

Default Greetings, Bart ....

.... and welcome from Eastern Idaho / Western Montana.

A fellow I know here in the Idaho Falls area carves, and then sands and paints balsa wood bodies, and adds the trimmings in the way of hackles and legs for some really interesting and effective warmwater and trout flies.

If your daughter is also into arts and crafts, she might enjoy making those kinds of flies with you.

John

P.S. Follow the link for an article about our outstanding local balsa wood carver / fly tier.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/oregonout...andolph_t.html
    The fish are always right.

Hi Bart. Welcome to FAOL from sunny So Cal. There's a fella in my FF club who does outstanding wood carving. He does mostly trout. We are having a fund raiser and he has donated some of his carvings for the raffle. I hope to win one. If you have a camera post some photos of your work. We'd like to see it.
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

thanks for the welcome,it is nice to meet such good folks,i carve mainly caricatures and santa clauses getting ready to start carving for this christmas so i can have some fishing money lolol.edD i live close to savannah alittle to the west.

bart

BWilson,

Hello and welcome!!! My wife is from south GA, but I'll try not to hold that against you. lol!!!

hNt
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

well hnt if she is from south ga, then you have a very special lady for sure.

bart

+ Reply to Thread