I've been fly fishing for almost two years, with about 12 trips to arkansas under my belt. During the first 3 I figured out the basics, and all of a sudden, I started catching fish. I figured out what to tie at the end of my tippet(thanks Chad J), I figured out how to mend(this was when I started catching fish), and I figured out to call my brother and have him tie me some flies. I admit, I had no interest in knots or hackle and the whipfinish tool he used just gave me a headache. I would sit with him while he tied my flies, and I would explain line management to him (he is fairly new to the sport as well) while he filled my box. Then something strange started happening to me. I figured out the nail knot, the perfection loop and some others, and all of a sudden I find myself lurking around utube looking for fly tying videos. I go from ebay to faol then back to utube then back to here again. I ended up at Barnes and Nobles and now own a book about flys and the bugs they imitate. I thought I would be happy just knowing how to catch fish with a flyrod, and I am...but turns out there is a lot more to this most excellent use of time. So, it looks like I just pushed all my hobby chips to the table, and have proudly gone ALL IN!