+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Couldn't pass this one up...

913 Jackson Lake Rd, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705 (423) 438-1060

Any fly rod is better than none at all....

If you can cast with it, it's a good rod.

I still have fond memories of the rod I learned to fly-fish with. It was awful by todays standards, but it brought me to fly fishing.

While stationed in San Diego, Ca., I ran across a South Bend Fly Combo with everything in it, including a few flies, on sale at a K-Mart (I think. It's been a real long time ago). It was something like $10.00. I had seen some people fly fishing before and was bored, so I bought it, went to the library and looked at a fly-fishing book (by Ray somebody...), took notes, and went to N. California for the weekend to learn how to use it. I must've caught a barrel full of assorted panfish.

I've been hooked ever since, and I believe somewhere, someone is still using that rod today (I gave it to one of my nephews when I upgraded).

Cheap rods serve a useful purpose, even if it's just getting someone interested in Fly-Fishing. I have a cheap Eagle Claw 6' 5 wt fiberglass rod that I still use sometimes. It's great in really brushy areas.

Semper Fi!

Interesting. A guy expresses that he got what he considers an excellent buy on a rod he really likes and the immediate subsequent post asks about a gaurantee. I guess we all have our priorities. MOturkE, enjoy the rod and the times you use it.

Allan

Allan,
    DM was kidding, hence the smiley face.
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

Just goes to show you that: sarcasm, wit, happiness, saddness, anger, etc. don't read well when one(in this case me) does not look at the emotocons or whatever they're called.

Allan

+ Reply to Thread