+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Diamondback Diamondglass Rods?

Hybrid View

Default Diamondback Diamondglass Rods?

I am familiar w/ D-Back's graphite rods but not their glass rods. I'm considering one. One thing that concerns me is if I have a problem with the rod, will D-Back still warranty it since they have since been "bought out".
    Anyone w/ experience with a D-Back Diamondglass 8ft 4wt 2-piece (804-2), I'd appreciate hearing about your experiences with the rod.
    Mark 1:17

Cold Guest

I got the 704-2 a few months back and I LOVE it! I've got it paired up with an Orvis BBS II reel spooled with WF4F Cortland 444 "Sylk" line. Its a heck of a nice little setup, and one of my favorites for all-purpose trouting.

I have the 8 ft 4 wt and loved it too, until it started slipping at the ferrule. Then, after tightening it once too many times, and too hard, the female end developed small cracks. Gotta send it back for repair now. We'll see how that goes.

However, aside from my blunder (you should use ferrule wax - not force for a loose connection), it is an awesome rod. Very slow and smooth and I was surprised to find that I could do more than just dry fly fish with it. It nymphs real well too and has the backbone for big fish. The cigar grip was the only thing about it that I didn't like but that's not a big deal.
    I think, therefore I fish.

+ Reply to Thread