Thread: New here so I thought I would post a fishing report

Threaded View

Default New here so I thought I would post a fishing report

My name is Sasha I am 35 and I live in Idaho. I just signed up on this forum so I thought I would post a fishing report to kick things off.

The day started off kind of cool after the overnight thunderstorms. It was still dark when I got into my car and headed off toward a river that I had not fished in a while. Even though it was dark a distant thunderstorm kept me occupied on my drive.

When I got to the river I got out of the car. It was nice and cool with the smell of a recent rain storm in the air. I began to gear up and made my way down to the river. When I got to the water it looked just like it did the last time I was here.

I entered the water and began to cast. It did not take long until I saw my indicator move, I set the hook. I instantly knew that this fish had some nice shoulders. This was verified a short time later when he treated me to some nice aerial displays as I fought him. After fighting this fish for a little bit I got him in close and was amazed. This was the biggest bow I have ever seen on this river. I quickly landed him took some pics and sent him on his way.

I went back to fishing; it was not long after I caught another fish. I kind of laughed when I landed him because this is about the smallest fish I have ever caught here. I quickly released him back to the river so he can hopefully grow a bit.

Over the course of the next few hours I caught quite a few fish. Although none of the fish the rest of the day compared to that first bow they were still quite fun. Unfortunately as I was switching out a fly I pulled a bonehead maneuver. I wasn't watching where my rod was and I ended up snapping the tip (thank god for warranties). I fished the other rod I brought for a bit catching some more fish. After a while I decided that I had enough fun for the day so I packed up and headed home.

I hope you enjoyed this report.
    Last edited by Sasha; 09-16-2009 at 09:00 PM.