+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Some guys catch all the fish" by Don Bryant

Default "Some guys catch all the fish" by Don Bryant

Dear members, a friend considers buying the book mentioned in the subject. The book is (not in a shy way)promoted on nymph-fishing.com. I wonder if any members have read the book/know the author and know if it is worth buying.

Thanks,

Paul W

'no road is long with good company'

I've heard that it offers nothing new that others haven't already told us in other books/articles.

Randy Knapp

There are things in his book that are basic to say the least, but he does cover ground I've never read before.

The use of a spinning real (on a fly rod), the use of all Mono (no fly line) to name 2. When I first heard of them I rolled my eyes and figured I was in for a horrible read, but I was surprised to see he makes some excellent points. His writing style is a bit hard to take at times, but once I get past it I realized he has a lot of good information (often given again and again).

I think there are areas where most can skip. but when he describes drag, and how to minimize it or the benefits of an all mono rig I think it's worth the read.

Hi all, I found this book to be really nothing new. It is the kind of book that I could read very quickly because I was looking for a new slant on an old topic. If you are just starting out in fly fishing this would be a good source of knowledge for nymphing. You would find it very helpful. I have a copy that I would sell to an interested party. E me.

I have a copy of this also. An interesting but sometimes difficult read. The spinning reel on a flyrod was something we have been doing here for many years, but the all mono fly rig was something new. Good points on recognizing/eliminating drag.

Bryan

+ Reply to Thread