Phew ... finally got out for a good weekend schtint. Buddy and I rarely get out as much as we'd like, but we have been getting a good annual weekend jobber done. Missed last year, the year before was Twin Lake Tiger trout. This year, Tokaryk Lake rainbows and browns. the lake was well reported to be hard hitting and plentiful - and although a storm system rolled through late Thurs, early Friday - they were'nt smacking them, but they were still taking.

Major problem being, the repairs to the my tubes bladder didn't work worth a pinch of mud. Did a cold soak on the shore, 2 hours, everything was fine. 20 minutes on the water and pssssssssssssss ... and I says fins, don't fail me now .....

Anyhow, as it goes, not much for shoreline / wadeable areas on the lake, so I fished off the dock all weekend. Even with a busy launch, the fish didn't seem to care. Although I could have bulldogged a 22" brown ... let's just say the fish bested me ........ However, my friend did a great job getting it done. Here's a few pics :

They all jump when hooked

His smallest of the weekend (honest - no pulling of anything)

Sunday morning we were playing hide and seek ..... (I'm foggy enough in the morning, I don't need this stuff)

Although fishless, it was great to get out. My casting was a disaster. Great for a bit - then it all fell apart (started thinking about it). In the end Sunday, it improved, but I'm still rusty all around.

Maybe next time I should put a fly on the tippet ? Who knows ..... fishless and all - I had a great time.

darrell,