+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new to FAOL

Default new to FAOL

greetings everyone from new jersey!
    i just wanted to say hello and thank you for this site and its endless information. i am extremely new to fly fishing, i dont have any gear yet or anything : ) i have been fishing since i could walk, but i was researching fly fishing online and was lucky enough to find this site. my birthday is coming up and i plan on getting a few things to get started and this site has been great with tips and everything and i hope to begin sharing stories with everyone. anyone from new jersey on here that knows any good classes, places to fish, etc? i live very close to the delaware river in the mercer county area, but it seems most people talk about the delaware in north jersey or pennsylvania. sorry for the long first post, its the excitement talking. thanks again FAOL!

Smile

welcome

be carefull it is addicting

Sekliw,
    Welcome aboard from a memeber of the Island Nation of Ohio. (Long story about that; you'll catch on to it eventually.) You have definately come to the right place. Feel free to ask anything, and I do mean anything about Fly Fishing here. This is a great bunch!

Make sure you go through the home page, tons of articles from at least ten years, in some archives. Better than an encylopedia on Fly Fishing, if ever there was one.

Remember, there are no stupid questions, espescially when you are first starting out.

Welcome,
    Jim
    There are three ways to complete a project. The right way, the wrong way or the Boss' way. You'd best learn the Boss' way.

thanks! and i have always been the type of person that when i get into something, ill spend hours at a time researching as much as i can, and ive already been through tons and tons of articles and what not from each section of the site, i am a huge fan of the archives of all the material ive missed from the past!

Blog Entries

Welcome to FAOL.....great advice and info here....great people too....enjoy the "addiction"
    "No matter how complicated life can get -- remember life is sometimes like fly fishing; after turning over every rock in the river trying to "match the hatch", you have probably spooked every fish for miles -- so don't let the "little things" BUG you -- just enjoy whatever you find." Mike Ormsby

Sekliw, Welcome to FAOL from So. Cal. There are a few members on here from N. J. I've seen their posts and seen their pictures of some great looking trout streams. I think I said something like "WOW, that's not the way I pictured New Jersey!" Look forward to your posts,with pictures too.
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Smile Greetings, Sekliw ....

..... and welcome from Eastern Idaho and Western Montana.

Sounds like you are off to a good start discovering the wealth of information on all things fly fishing in the archives. You probably have read more there than a lot of us, truth be told.

Hope you feel free to ask questions and join in the conversations. Questions from newcomers keep the old timers ( that would not be me, of course ) on their toes and keep things lively around here. And fresh perspectives on what we "experienced" people are up to are always welcome.

John
    The fish are always right.

Sekliw,
    Welcome aboard from Eastern Washington. You're right, this is the best fly fishing site around. As far as questions go, ask away. I had a professor tell me once that the only dumb question is the question un-asked. I agree.
    Again, welcome aboard, and have fun.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

A BIG welcome from Tennessee! Yes, you have found the BEST site on fly tying, fly fishing, rod building and anything else that deals with fly fishing. Fly fishing is the ONLY way to really enjoy the fishing sport. Take a seat, get comfortable and ask any questions that you may have...
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Welcome,Sekliw ! I'm new on here myself, but you've found a really great (and friendly) site. I know you're going to like it here.

+ Reply to Thread